Social Media Marketing: Honing In On Your Audience
If you are an established business, you may already have your audience locked down. However, your audience on social media could be slightly different than your audience anywhere else. There are a few steps you can take to make sure you are successfully reaching the right type of audience.
- Create Buyer Personas
A buyer persona is basically a small profile on what your potential or ideal client looks like. It describes their personality, need, wants and where helps to determine how they solve these and where they do their research.
- Research How User Interact With Similar Brands
Also called social listening, watch what your competitors audiences are doing online. Which platforms are they on and active on? What type of posts do they respond to the best?
- Choose Your Platforms Wisely
Not all social media platforms work equally. Different platforms reach different types of people and accomplish different goals. It’s best to choose 1-2 and rock out on them versus all of them and have low activity. Read below for a quick rundown on each platform.
- Connect With Your Audience
The quickest way to start to gain your social media follow is to let them know and invite them to follow you! Email blasts or including the social media or putting
As stated in #3, here is a rundown on each platform to help you choose what is right for your business:
- 62% of users use this platform for news and information
- Approximately 2 billions users
- Users not looking for answers to their problems
- Lead Ads:
Captures leads and easy for users because they never leave the site
- Boosted Posts:
Raise brand awareness or product/service/event awareness
Create messages to re-engage leads
- 90% of users are under age 35
- 60% of users have claimed to discovered new brands and products
- Links flawlessly with Facebook
- If you have success on Facebook, you will on Instagram and vice versa
- Photo Ads
- Video Ads
- Story Ads
- Limited character content
- More social/allows people to get in on the conversation
- Keep up with latest trends
- Promoted Tweets
- Promoted Accounts
- Promoted Trends/Hashtags
- Best for B2B marketing (business to business)
- Users of all age groups
- Best platform to build value
- Offer advice/solutions and be part of the conversation to increase brand awareness
- Promote/Sponsor content such as text ads, blogs/articles and direct emails
- Users are looking for solutions/ideas
- Audience is younger
- Pins (posts) have an average lifespan of 3 months which provides better SEO
- Use to promote products, blogs, infographic
- This platform spreads brand awareness
If you need any help choosing your social media platforms, creating content or strategy give us a buzz today! We would love to hear in the comments what platforms you use and if you feel like you have utilized them successfully!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!